OPEN AIR BURNING
OPEN BURNING SEASON STARTS ON JANUARY 15TH AND ENDS ON MAY 1ST
PERMITS CAN BE OBTAINED AT STATION 1 300 MAIN STREET
A FEE OF $10 IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A BURNING PERMIT
A PERSONAL CHECK OR MONEY ORDER FOR $10 MADE PAYABLE TO: THE TOWN OF DIGHTON IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
WE DO NOT ACCECPT CASH PAYMENTS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Rules and Regulations regarding OPEN BURNING:
- Burning season begins on January 15th and ends on May 1st.
- Open burning is allowed daily from 10:00AM to 4:00PM.
- You must call (508) 669-6611 EACH DAY you plan on burning to obtain permission. If you burn without calling you will be burning ILLEGALLY.
- DO NOT CALL BEFORE 10:00AM. If you do you will be instructed to call back after 10:00. You will NOT BE ALLOWED to start burning AFTER 2:00PM.
- Burning of BRUSH and/or TREE LIMBS are the only items you are authorized to burn. DO NOT BURN LEAVES, BUILDING MATERIALS, TRASH, etc.
- Burning must take place AT LEAST 75 FEET from all dwellings or buildings.
- There must be an ADULT present AT ALL TIMES while open burning occurs. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to insure all fires are completely extinguished before leaving the area unattended.
- There must be a WATER SOURCE (such as a garden hose) available at the location of the fire and it must reach the area in which the burning takes place.
- Open burning may be SUSPENDED or CANCELLED on a daily or seasonal basis at the discretion of the Fire Department for any reason.
- This permit DOES NOT release the holder from any liability for damages that may occur due to negligence as a result of misuse of this burning permit.
- ANY VIOLATION(S) of the rules and regulations pertaining to this use of this burning permit will result in the IMMEDIATE REVOCATION of the permit and may lead to possible fines as allowed by law.